Minutes from Meeting of October 8, 2008 7:30 PM
The meeting was opened at 7:30 p.m.
Founders Day: We received a lot of positive feedback from the Founders Day exhibits and the house tour.
Things that worked well:
Ideas for improvements:
Received contact information for several new people who may be interested in our activities:
1) Still seeking additional bidders on the front door. We received a bid from Glenn McNemar for $1200. Sarah will forward the specs for the door via e-mail.
2) The school desks from the Pocopson school are in Zeke’s canoe barn. We will have a “working” day in the spring to clean them up.
3) Submitted new grant applications to:
the State of
· the Fair Play Foundation
· In addition, the grant submitted to the Federal Government via Congressman Gerlach in now part of the pending appropriations bill.
4) Discussed the possibility of a fundraising sign at the schoolhouse; however, it was decided that we would rather spend our money on a historical marker.
Written History and Photos:
Oral Histories: Richard Chalfont’s mother is now on the list.
found an interesting magazine article describing a village in
Sarah will attend the Kennett Regional Historic Committee meeting on Oct 16th.
The cost of archival framing for the Quaker marriage certificate of Eusebius Barnard and Alta Downing dated 1878 is $295. Invoice will go to Supervisors for advance approval.
Prioritization of 2009 projects
It was agreed that we do not want to spread ourselves too thin next year, so:
Agreed to focus our efforts this year on researching and collecting artifacts relating to the Barnard House
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.