Pocopson Township’s tenth annual Founders Day celebration, held on Sunday, September 25, 2016 at Pocopson Park, was a rousing success. Founders Day included children’s events such as games, crafts, two moon bounces, pony rides, and face painting. Adults enjoyed the live music by local band Marlboro Road; bingo; a ride-through by Radnor Hunt and Hounds; and the opportunity to shop from local vendors and craftspeople. Parking and the day’s events are free, with food available for purchase from The Mushroom Café.
The Founders Day Committee is chaired by Colleen McKinney. Volunteers are most welcome to plan the event, for set-up the day before, and during the actual event. Please contact the Township at 610-793-2151 or via e-mail to email@example.com if you are interested in helping out.
Many thanks to the 2016 Founders Day sponsors:
- Unruh, Turner, Burke & Frees (Township Solicitor)
- McCormick Taylor (Township Engineer)
- Keystone Municipal Services
- Lenape Veterinary Clinic
- Superior Plus Energy
- WSFS Bank
- Buckley Brion McGuire & Morris LLP
- Castle Valley Consultants
- L&L Car & Truck Service, Inc.
- Francis Hall Insurance Services
- Kelly’s Sports
- Little’s of Downingtown – John Deere
- PA Representative Stephen E. Barrar