The Public Works Department is responsible for the maintenance of 30.1 miles of Township owned roads (includes snow removal on 5.44 miles of State highway) as well as all public buildings and Township park facilities. The department is staffed by four full-time Township employees, with 2-3 seasonal plow drivers.
Throughout the year, Public Works provides curbside services including:
- Fall chipping — Last week in October
- Leaf bag pickup — Every Monday in November
- Christmas tree pickup — Two Mondays in January
- Spring chipping — Last week in March
Please note that these dates are dependent on the weather and may be adjusted for holidays.
Public Works full-time employees:
- Mark Knightly, Director
- Ben Aponte
- Mike Cialini
- Ron Miller
2019 Project Schedule:
- Paving of Marlboro Road, Beversrede Trail, Merrick and Pierce Lanes. Status: Completed June 2019
- Chip sealing of Denton Hollow, Corinne and Parkersville Roads. Status: Completed June 2019
- Maintenance on Haines Mill Road between Beversrede Trail and Locust Grove Road in preparation for future paving. Work will include but is not limited to base repair, shoulder work and drainage needs. Trees will be trimmed in the winter. Expect periodic road closures and delays. Status: Periodic work July – December 2019