Pocopson Township requires building permits for most construction projects. Permits are required to ensure that all construction activities meet the requirements of the ICC Building Codes. Some projects may also require zoning permits.
Examples of projects that require permits include:
- Demolition of any structure
- New construction and additions to an existing structure
- Bathrooms and Kitchens: Alterations that require moving any plumbing drain, vent or water supply pipe, or the addition of electrical or mechanical construction
- HVAC systems: New construction and alterations/replacements
- Basement alterations that create living space
- Plumbing: New construction and relocation of existing supply, drain, waste and vent lines
- Electrical: All aspects
- Doors and Windows: When enlarging openings
- Decks and patios
- Fences and walls
- Swimming Pools: In ground and above ground
- Underground Storage Tank: Removal or installation
- Accessory buildings and structures, such as sheds, detached garages, and pole barns
- Grading/Erosion and Sediment Control: When 1,000 square feet or more of earth is disturbed
- Driveways: New or enlarged
- Storm Water Management: When changing existing system or creating new impervious coverage
- Wells and septic systems (Permit issued by Chester County Health Department)
- Signs, both permanent and temporary (a permit is not needed for political signs 30 days prior to an election).
Permit applications are available on the Township website (pocopson.org). They may be picked up at the Township Building, or call 610-793-2151 to have the forms faxed or mailed to you.
To download Pocopson Township permit forms, please visit Pocopson Forms and Permits